Tuesday 3 June 2014

Cookies & cream ice-cream




I am not  big fan of Oreos but I love all-oreo-things, ice cream, milkshakes, cupcakes… so I had to make this as soon as I got my ice cream maker!  This is an egg-free recipe, which makes it so much easier and quicker and I am sure kids will love it too!


Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 285ml single cream
  • 1/4 cup + 2tbsp caster sugar
  • 1tsp vanilla paste
  • 100g Oreo cookies
Mix the milk, sugar and cream until the sugar has dissolved, add vanilla paste and pour into the ice cream maker.

Let the machine run for about 20 minutes until the mixture has thickened and is beginning to freeze, then add roughly chopped cookies and leave in the machine until desired consistency is achieved.  

Transfer the ice cream into a container and keep in the freezer. 

(If making ice cream without the machine, mix all ingredients, pour into the container and take out the freezer every half an hour to an hour to mix, this will brake up any ice crystals and make ice cream smooth). 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment